Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mommy Magic

I've decided that some of my favorite moments with Macyn are when she's screaming at the top of her lungs and I'm the only one who can soothe her.  It used to really bother me when she got really upset like that, but it's actually pretty awesome when everyone around has done everything they can think of and then, when I pick her up, everything is all better.  Most of the time I don't even have to do anything but hold her.  I know she can't really see yet, so it's amazing to me that she is able to distinguish me from everyone else.  I've heard she knows my smell and my voice but, no matter how she does it, it's the best feeling in the world to know that she knows me - and that there are times when she just craves being near me.  Don't get me wrong, she loves her Daddy, but sometimes she just needs a little "mommy magic".


 I know as she gets older those times will be few and far between, but I know from my relationship with my own mother that the "mommy magic" never goes away.  I'm a 29-year-old married woman with a child and there are still times when I just want my mommy.  I'm lucky enough to have a mother who understands that, and is also near enough so I can run to her anytime I need her.  Thanks, mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment